Let’s Take a Trip back in Time to When People Cared About the Top Albums… because they didn’t suck
1992 was a simpler time in Hip hop. Rappers had their own styles. When you heard EPMD, Eric B. and Rakim or any of the other killer rappers, you didn’t have to look to see who’s song it was, you just knew instantly.
That’s what is missing from Hip Hop today. Most modern rappers sound the same. There are a few exceptions like Kendrick Lamar and Travis Scott, but they are few and far between.
So tonight, let’s celebrate some of the greatest Hip hop albums of 1992. Why 1992? Just seemed right man, just seemed right.
The Top 20 Hip Hop Albums of 1992 (In no particular order)
1. Dr. Dre – The Chronic
2. Ice Cube – The Predator
3. The Pharcyde – Bizarre Ride II
4. Kris Kross – Totally Krossed Out
6. Juice Crew – Live & Let Die
7. Beastie Boys – Check Your Head
8. Gang Starr – Daily Operation
9. Redman – Whut? The Album
10. Diamond D. – Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop
12. The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy – Hypocrisy is the Greatest Luxury
13. EPMD – Business Never Personal
14. UGK – Too Hard to Swallow
15. Compton’s Most Wanted – Music to Driveby
16. Grand Puba – Reel to Reel
17. UltraMagnetic MC’s – Funk Your Head Up
18. MC Serch – Return of the Product
19. MC Ren – Kizz My Black Azz
20. Lord Finesse – Return of the Funky Man
There’s just no way that you made it through this list with a few things happening:
1. You’re reminiscing hard
2. You really miss 1992
3. You thought of multiple albums that I missed and you want to let me know in the comments
For real though, what did you think about the list? The nostalgia is strong and God I love 90’s Hip hop!
Subscribe to our newsletter!