Let’s face it, you would be a better artist if you made your own beats. Not to mention, all the money you would save by doing it yourself. If you’re like me, you have probably bought a DAW like FL Studio and messed around with it a bit, only to abandon it when you got frustrated and never touch it again.
There are many ways that you can avoid that frustration and learn how to make your own beats. Here are a few:
Learn how to make Beats with these Books
Here are a few books that you should check out if you’re serious about learning to make your own beats:
- “The Music Producer’s Ultimate Guide to FL Studio 20: Create production-quality music with FL Studio” – this is an essential guide to making your own music, using FL Studio.
- “Music Theory for Computer Musicians” – this book teaches you music theory, which is essential to making the best music that you can make.
- “The Best Music Theory Book for Beginners 1: A Guide for Everyone: How to Read, Write, and Understand Music (The Best Music Theory Books for Beginners)” – another essential book for learning music theory and creating your own music.
Not up for all that reading? It’s ok, there are PLENTY of video tutorials out there that will teach you how to make beats, as well as music theory.
Check out these video tutorials that will teach you how to make beats
- FL Studio – Complete Beginner Basics Tutorial
- The Best Way to START Making Beats!
- The best way to START making beats (FOR FREE)
If these videos are not enough to get you going, there are tons of online courses out there that will have you mastering the art of beat making in no time. Here are a few of the best rated ones:
- Coursera — Music Production Specialization
- Skillshare — Blueprint to Beatmaking
- LinkedIn Learning — Audio Mixing Masterclass
- Udemy — FL Studio 20 – Music Production In FL Studio
As you may have noticed, I have included a lot of material here about FL Studio. That’s because this is the most popular DAW that the Producers I have worked with use and it has amazing reviews.
The best way to go about this is to think about which method above excites you the most and go with that. Learning new things can be really hard. If you enjoy the medium that you are learning through, it will make things much easier on you while learning.
BE SURE TO LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR BEAT MAKING JOURNEY. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOU CONQUERING THAT DAW AND WHEN YOU’RE READY, SEND ME THAT BEAT AT ADMIN@NEVERNAIRE.COM AND MAYBE I’LL FEATURE IT ON THE BLOG!
CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE ABOUT BUILDING YOUR AT HOME STUDIO ON A BUDGET
Subscribe to our newsletter!