The 65th annual Grammy’s put Hip Hop on display through a star-studded tribute in celebration of Hip Hop’s 50th anniversary.
The full set list included:
- Grandmaster Flash w/ Barshon, Melle Mel, Rahiem & Scorpio – “Flash To The Beat”
- Grandmaster Flash w/ Barshon, Melle Mel, Rahiem & Scorpio – “The Message”
- Run-D.M.C. – “King Of Rock”
- LL Cool J – “I Can’t Live Without My Radio”
- DJ Jazzy Jeff – “Rock The Bells”
- Salt-N-Pepa – “My Mic Sounds Nice”
- Rakim – “Eric B Is President”
- Chuck D & Flavor Flav – “Rebel Without A Pause”
- Black Thought w/ LL Cool J – “El Shabazz Skit”
- De La Soul – “Buddy”
- Scarface – “My Mind’s Playing Tricks On Me”
- Ice-T – “New Jack Hustler (Nino’s Theme)”
- Queen Latifah – “U.N.I.T.Y.”
- Method Man – “Method Man”
- Big Boi – “ATLiens”
- Busta Rhymes & Spliff Star – “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See” /
- “Look At Me Now”
- Missy Elliott – “Lose Control”
- Nelly & City Spud – “Hot In Herre”
- Too $hort – “Blow The Whistle”
- Swizz Beatz & The LOX – “We Gonna Make It”
- Lil Baby – “Freestyle”
- GloRilla – “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)”
- LL Cool J – “Just Wanna Rock
However, one group was missing from the star-studded lineup, and they made sure it was known.
J.J. Fad wrote on their Instagram: “So when the @recordingacademy Grammy’s first introduced the rap category in 1988, we were the first to be nominated in that category. Now there’s a celebration of the 50th anniversary of hip hop at the Grammy’s and we aren’t invited?? Make it make sense!!”
J.J. Fad | AllHipHop.com Interview
In an interview with AllHipHop.com, the “Supersonic” rappers expanded on their stance: “We just want the same respect as all of our other Hip-Hop brothers and sisters that made a difference in Hip-Hop…We attended the Grammys when we were nominated along with Kool Moe Dee who should also be there representing Hip-Hop. We hate to sound whiny and we aren’t hating on anyone, we just want to be there with our Hip-Hop brothers and sisters and be honored for our contribution to Hip-Hop as well.”
We want to hear from you! What did you think of the Grammy performance, and do you think that J.J. Fad is right in their disappointment? Is there anyone else that you believe was missing from the performance?
Subscribe to our newsletter!